Thursday, September 26, 2013

What I Saw And What I Felt !!!

It is a trivial incident that I witnessed a few days back, that I am putting forward in my words. It really was a petty experience, petty to the extent that some might scoff at it, but for me it was as subtle as it could be, strong enough that I couldn't desist from pondering over it.

I was standing in my balcony, looking at the hoard of people emerging and disappearing in the milieu. As it was morning time, people were rushing to their offices and few were returning home. (After the rush in the office.) Rush both the ways !! Startled and lost at the sight, suddenly something gravitated my attention and I was forced to come out of my self-imposed coma. 

What I saw was a pretty sight of two kids, who emerged out of nowhere and were hand in hand. Of course, one looked the elder brother(around 5 yrs.) and the other one small but cute sister, around 2 years. They started playing on the road, unruffled and unfettered by the movement of the automobiles. It was not that they were unaware of the perilous situation they were in, but the sole cause of playing and most importantly enjoying life, in whatever you have got, won over it. 

The kids were playing and suddenly the elder brother approached his sister. He went near her and whispered few words into her ear. She listened to the words with gasp attention. It vividly reminded me of the time I used to trick my sister into playing hide and seek, made her the thief first and used to hide in a place, which I was certain she could never figure out. I could sense this happening now.

And the same happened, the sis went near a wall, closed her eyes and started mumbling something, which I couldn't understand. Her brother started running on his small naked feet, made himself comfortably poised and hid himself behind a car which was far away from the place, where sis was still leaning over the wall, and mumbling.

Sister after a while opens her eyes fervidly, moves around in a circle, with twinkling eyes, searching for her brother. She moves here and there, to look for her brother. She goes near the bushes and small plants. Behind the wall and behind the pile of bricks. She tries again but fails. She tries again but ultimately the colour of her face starts fading. She starts treading quickly, going left and then right, straight and then back.. All this while her brother is able to see all his sister's movements and her failed attempts at finding him.

And ultimately, the thing happened. The thing that I was fearing to happen. The cute little loses her patience and starts crying badly, yearning for her brother. Small drops of tears start trickling down her cheek that made her look even more cute and lovely. She could sense that her brother was missing. She knew that she had tried whatever she could but could not find him and that made her poignant and gloomy.

What made me more amazed and moved, was still to be presented before my eyes.

After seeing his sis crying badly, the bro becomes happy, kinda the same happiness that we/I used to be, after fooling our little sis during childhood and feeling on top of the world. This happiness seemed to be offensive but was really sweet because it was wrapped with the foil of love and care. The guy runs a long distance to catch hold of his sis, whose face was, by now, drenched in a pool of tears. He runs, pulls her and hugs her tightly. Consoling her, he tells her that he was not far away but near only, pointing to the place where he was hiding. She too holds him tightly after winning him back, knowing that he has not left, he has not gone, he has not deserted her. The sight was very touching, emotional and thought provoking.


I have seen many people who are well to do, have all the means but still lament, are still unhappy and discontented. Problem lies in their attitude towards life. People tend to forget that there are many people who are happy with less than what we have. So, whatever be the situation, whatever be the condition, don't you ever forget to celebrate, with joy, this little span of time called Life. Fill it with happiness, fill it with people who love you, swell it with fun and swell it with vigour and let go of what you can't control !!!

I was swarmed with ambivalence, mixed feeling of bitter and sweet. Bitter because of the guy who made his sis cry but sweet coz he still cared and loved. And the cute sis, oh I just adored her !!! The instant ramification of the incident was far reaching. It started a chain reaction of thoughts, one after another. I was inundated with thoughts, and lost, thinking of the present day life where people don't care, where people are cozy in their lies, where there is mutual distrust, where there is pretentious display of affection and where there is less love and more hatred.

We are wealthy, still we are poor !!! Empty from inside, hollow, because we don't have the feelings as the duo had... Who actually were the kids of a destitute labourer-couple. And the kids despite having nothing, no proper dress, no proper footwear and probably no proper food too, had the most important prize of life called Love.

And, I continued my perusal of the environs with a silent but satisfying smile on my face......


Searching his brother.
After successive attempts starts crying.
After the reunion.

1 comment:

interestingly yours gabby shreya said...

The articulation has been excellent all through the incident, vivacious depiction entitled with pristine expressions & the curiosity to grab the readers attention thus leaving an everlasting impact.